Monday 28 September 2015

Christmas Cuties - Christmas Blessings

Hello!

In Oz it is School Holidays at the moment! Woo-hoo!! The idea of sleeping in (which I never do!) really makes me happy!

I have to start my Christmas cards, time is catching up with me! For now I'm just happy making some Christmas cards! My first card for the week is a very, very girly card...


I actually dared to do some watercolouring... Had to with such a beautiful image.


I heat embossed the snowflakes with Silver Stampin' Emboss Powder.

My Product List




Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



Hints & Things


  • I stamped the background about three times with Night of Navy for a dark look. This sets of the white stars stamped on the Window sheet very nicely.
  • Be aware that StazOn ink WILL stain your stamps, clean your stamp immediately after stamping!! StazOn ink remover should not be used on your Photo polymer stamps.
  • The cute little wooden snowflakes are very dainty, handle them with care.
  • Do yourself a favour and get the Basic Black Archival Ink Stampin'pad (and refill). It is a beautiful, crisp black ink, perfect for watercolouring.
  • Google some cartoon images if you are not sure how to watercolour an image. I searched for cartoon angels and was able to find some great examples!
  • I use a number 1 atercolour brush - perfect for detailed work!
  • These were the markers I used:
           Hair - Hello Honey and Delightful Dijon
           Face - I think Blushing Bride is perfect for a fair skin tone, play around if you prefer a darker              skin tone
           Wings - Bermuda Bay and Soft Sky
           Robe - Smoky Slate (for a White look)
           Sash - Melon Mambo  

Let me know what you think! 

Take care and if you are on holiday (like me) - stay safe!

Mel xx

No comments:

Post a Comment