Thursday 4 August 2016

Guy Greetings - Happy Father's Day

Hello!

Oh. I am having soooo much fun with my business this week! Lots of stuff to play with and I will be placing my pre-order for the upcoming Holiday Catalogue today! The Holiday Catalogue will be posted online the 1st of September and then you can fire away with orders also! If you live in Australia and you prefer a hard copy, drop me an e-mail or comment with your details and I will send you one as soon as I receive my copies!
If you live in the Joondalup, Western Australia are and want to host a party, let me know!


Today I am posting my entry for the Global Design Project theme challenge (#gdp047) this week! 



My card is super simple, but all the men in my life seem to prefer simple (but expensive!). I do love how it turned out though!! In Australia we celebrate Father's Day in September, so no I am not loosing it! Changing the greeting makes it a male card for any occasion!


A splatter of Calypso Coral adds a splash of colour!



The Gold embossed sentiment was attached loosely (almost like a flag) with a single staple.

My Product List








Notes

  • To get a cleaner watercolour effect, especially with the anchor image, I used the Aqua Painter to paint the ink wash onto the stamp (I used the photopolymer set). For the ink wash I pressed ink onto the Stampin' Pad lid and added water to th ink with the Aqua Painter (not too much!).
  • Stampin' Up!'s Watercolor Paper is amazing, I always end up with a beautiful result!
  • For the Calypso Coral splatter I used a wet Aqua Painter tip (with Calypso Coral ink wash on it),  I tapped  (violently, LOL!) over my finger (?) to add the fine splatter.
Quick card, maybe to quick for a challenge? I hope you enjoy!

Take care!

Mel xx

7 comments:

  1. Love how you've used the one stamp (anchor) and made your own background design.
    Your comment gave me a laugh about tapping brush to get splatter....voilently😃😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm certain there is a better way to splatter Tracey! I think it best to test before splattering on the actual project!

      Delete
  2. This is one of my favourites ever Melodie! That splatter is amazing. I just adore it. Thanks so much for joining in with this week's Global Design Project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! I was pondering the design in my mind and then when I put ink to paper it seemed just too easy! I almost put it aside for next time!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Jess! I was pondering the design in my mind and then when I put ink to paper it seemed just too easy! I almost put it aside for next time!

      Delete
  3. Just beautiful, Melodie! This anchor makes a gorgeous backdrop for this card. Love it! Thanks for playing along with the Nautical Theme challenge at the Global Design Project - glad you did.

    ReplyDelete