Friday 4 November 2016

Birthday Banners ft Paisleys & Posies, Happy Happenings and Butterfly Basics - Happy Birthday

Hello!

Most of our Stampin' Up! Demonstrators are attending our On Stage worldwide events this weekend and to stop me from being a sook about not being able to attend, I parked myself (and my laptop) outside with a glass of wine on a glorious Friday afternoon! Today I'm sharing my entry for this week's Global Design Project (#gdp060) - this week we CASE the Designer Brian King! I love Brian's clean and simple card and was inspired by his layout (sketch design).



How beautiful is the Copper accents from the Petals & Paisleys Speciality Designer Series Paper and Copper Foil


Mmmmm? What could the belly band be hiding?


My very first Pop & Twist card! So easy! I followed this great tutorial by CarolB Crafts!


Thank you CarolB!



Product List






Notes
  • Don't be scared! This card is really fun to create (just ask my Stampin' with Mel ladies!)
  • It is quite important to burnish your folds, that way your cardstock will make the twist easily!
  • Decorate to your hearts content - the sky is the limit!
I hope you will give it a go and maybe share your creations with me?

I will catch up with you soon!

Take care!

Mel xx

7 comments:

  1. Simply stunning Melodie and with such a surprise under the belly band!
    Love how you have put layers of belly band on with the die cut pieces hanging off the belly band......such a cool card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BERNATH cigale.nathalie@wanadoo.fr11/05/2016

    GOOOOOD

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous! I tried my first twist and pop card last week, too. I finally figured it out how to make it work after screwing it up 4 times. I have a working pop up now, but it isn't even decorated yet. Your card has inspired me to go finish it up! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowza! Looks so sweet-and-simple, and then... Love this card! Thanks for playing along with my CASE the Designer Challenge at Global Design Project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Brian! Loved your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete