Wednesday 26 October 2016

Pretty Kitty - Just peeking into say hello.



Hello my card making friend!

What a morning! Let me start by saying my morning was planned to a T ...! Let's just say I again realized the bigger Plan...This morning I ended up spending 30 minutes in our school principals office and 2 hours and 30 minutes in front of a fuel station waiting for time to pass end then waiting for RAC to assist with a flat car battery! My plan was to do some blogging of course! I created I card to take part in this week's Global Design Project challenge (#gdp059) and was so excited to share it with you and then this happened! Well I am home now and typing away... without any further delay my entry for this week's theme challenge - animals/pets!


Soooo cute!!!

If you hop on over to the Global Design Project site you will see all the stunning inspiration given by the GDP Designers, but I had even more inspiration...



Harry, the most awesome cat on the planet!



Can you see the resemblance?

My Product List




Notes


  • Can I just say my favourite thing to do in the whole wide world (accept for stamping), is colouring in! Nothing is more relaxing! 
  • I started off by adding ink to my stamp with Stampin' Write Markers, huffed onto it and then stamped it onto Shimmery White Cardstock. This is when the party started! I coloured the image with my watercolour crayons (I use a mix of watercolour pencils sent home from school at the end of every school year, but any brand will do)!  Stampin' Up!'s Aqua Painters works really well to add water to the watercolours. Not too much water!
  • The beautiful Happy Heart Embossing Folder added necessary interest, without overpowering the image and after trying a few of our beautiful colours, I decided that Soft Sky will be the perfect Stampin' Up! colour to use as a backdrop for my 'watercoloured' image. What do you think?
  • I also used a White Signo Gel Pen to add the Polka Dots!
I would also like to remind you of Stampin' Up!'s Designer Series Paper Promotion (ending the 31st of October)! Don't miss out! Buy 3 get 1 free!! 






I hope to post again soon and if you don't want to miss out, why not follow me via e-mail? Click on the link to the right, leave your e-mail address and you will receive a notification when I post!

Take care!

Mel xx

6 comments:

  1. Love your card Melodie and love Harry too! Gorgeous Colours and love the embossed base. Thank you for playing along with the Global Design Project this week! We love you playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card Melodie and how you did the white gel pen polka dots.
    Card is super gorgeous! Harry is too😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracey! I loved creating this card!

      Delete
  3. Love your 'Harry' card, Mel! I agree with you re: Colouring. I love it too. D xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denita! How lucky are we - colouring in as part of our job description!

      Delete