Thursday 16 June 2016

Number of Years - Look Who's Turning 5

Hello!

It has been two weeks since my last post and I'm sooo happy to be back! The past two weeks have been all about school sport, the school play, birthday cards (one of which I will be sharing in this post)! When you are a Fly-In-Fly-Out mom it can become quite tricky to juggle everything!

I was asked by one of the school mom's to make two  birthday cards to celebrate her little girl's 5th birthday! The sweetest little girl she is! This was one of the cards!

 

I kicked of with the Number of Years photopolymer stamp set... a no brainer really! This set coordinates with the Large Number Framelits Dies (see p136 of Stampin' Up!'s Annual Catalogue)!


To make it easier for myself I used my favourite background - stripes!

My Product List





Notes


  • To add more texture to my striped background, I heat embossed each stripe with Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder! I chose the stripe stamp from the Work of Art stamp set, because it was the perfect length for this layer.
  • To Make the no 5 pop even more a layered it on top of Vellum! 
  • I can strongly recommend fun foam to add dimension to smaller die cuts (like with the number framelits) This also make the embellishment last better through the mailing process. Thinlits cuts through fun foam quite easily when using the Precision Base Plate.
  • For my Flirty Flamingo card base I inked around the edges of Whisper White Thick cardstock with my Flirty Flamingo ink pad, waited for it to dry and then added VersaMark ink and Iridescent Ice Stampin' Emboss powder to add sparkle. Please note that the Iridescent Ice Stampin' Emboss powder is a retired product.
Easy card! High impact I think! Was it good enough for a 5 year old? I will never know!

Please come back for the post of my second card!  Join my mailing list - that way you will never miss a new post!

As always I love to read your comments!

Take care!

Mel xx

1 comment:

  1. This card is so gorgeous and I'm sure the birthday girl loved it.
    I love how you did all the different elements xx

    ReplyDelete