Thursday 27 November 2014

Nature's Peace

Hello again!

Today I'm sharing another Holiday card with you! Christmas is not creeping  up anymore, it is upon us!

For this card (a shaker card) I used the lovely Nature's Peace stamp set (135119 -clear). Although this project features my other hidden talent - cardstock stitching (LOL!) - yes that is as far as it goes, it is still a very quick and fun card to make!

I started by stamping the snowflake image from the same stamp set in Melon Mambo (126948) and some in Daffodil Delight (126944) ink . Then I used the tiny snowflake from the Endless Wishes Photopolymer stamp set (136829) to stamp some snowflakes with Old Olive (126953) and some with Bermuda Bay (131171) ink to fill the spaces in between. I stamped on  water colour paper (any brand will do) for some extra texture. Next I heat embossed the Peace on Earth image with  Pool Party Embossing Powder (129398) - I used VersaMark  ink (102283) with my embossing powder and I stamped on White Vellum Cardstock (106584). I placed about 15 or so sequins ( all colours, shapes and sizes) on top of my snowflake image ( in the middle of the snowflake stamped cardstock) and placed my vellum over this. To keep it all together, I used  strips of painters tape,and stitched it together. Be aware of where the stitching will go and where your strips of painters tape will go - you don't want to stitch over the tape! For my card base I used Naturals Ivory A4 cardstock ( I love this stuff!). I used rhinestones to add a bit of shine to my card.

There you have it! I think it turned out pretty well!

Mel xx

No comments:

Post a Comment